Sunday, 24 August 2014

Paris, my city of love.

So excited to be back in Paris again. I love this place, it is one of my fav cities for sure.

Dumped our bags in our rooms then off to explore. Were we are staying is right near the Arc de Triomphe so we made our way up there. Jokes about how to cross the massive round a bout but found the tunnel that you walk under. Champs Eleyees, then past the Grand Palace and the Petite Palace toward the Seine and the Eiffel Tower.
















When we were here two years ago we found a lovely place to eat so stopped for a meal at Gustaves, to the Tower then across the Seine to the Trocadoro. Being the big kid I am I just had to have a ride on the carousel. The balloon is currently broken so Andrea and I hopped on a horse each and off we went. Awesome fun.




Found our way through the Paris streets back to our hotel for a well earned sleep.

We decided that today we would walk up to Montmartre. Cameras charged and runners on and off we went. Found beautiful food markets with chickens roasting, fresh fruit and veges, pastries, cheeses and more, I don't know if my new work uniform will fit when I get home.

Walked past Moulin Rouge and up the Sacre Coeur. Beautiful with an awesome view. I think I would love to stay in Montmartre one time, the small hilly streets with tales to tell would be awesome to explore.
















Back down the hill, another beautiful food market, awesome food for lunch then back to the hotel as we desperately need to do washing. Found the laundry just up from the hotel, chucked our stuff in, found a cute and quaint little coffee shop, coffee, back to wash and dry the clothes now writing this and will think about dinner shortly.





No comments:

Post a Comment