Tuesday, 5 August 2014

Paris, the city of love.

An early start to the airport and off to Paris. At 5.30 am it was already 33. I slept most of the way, so before I knew it we were landing at Charles De Gaulle airport.

Last time we took the train in and out of Paris so the scenery was different this time. We are staying at Paris St James, a chateau that was were they let off the balloons way back when. It is beautiful, and the balloon stair case is better than I ever imagined.

















We dumped out stuff and off we went and went for a walk up to the arc de triomphe and I got my wish to wander down the champs Eleyees. It was lovely. Big kid that I am I bought a Minnie Mouse tshirt from the Disney shop.

Back to the hotel as we had a 7.30 booking at the Restaurant at the hotel. They just have been awarded a Michelin star. It was awesome. A wonderful experience.


















Bedtime as we needed to rested for our next day.

Day 2 in Paris and out of the hotel by 7.45 and off we went. We didn't really have any plans, just wanted to walk and look and experience. We ended up at the Eiffel Tower which bought back memories from our last trip. Then walked along the Seine and saw a big wheel in the distance so we aimed for that. It was next to the louvre so we had a ride, great to see Paris from a difference perspective. Found a couple of interesting churches on the way too, up market shops and where the president lives.

One freaking thing - we walked past the Chubb lady organising the cash from the truck to the ATM room. As we walked past she actually unholstered her gun and pulled it half out!!!! different from our Chubb guys......they just get their lunch out for us to microwave!!!

Eventually with sore feet and slightly tired we got back to our hotel, had a drink outside and now are relaxing deciding about dinner.

Slovenia tomorrow.


Posted using BlogPress from my iPa

1 comment: